MOIKO RECORDS

Now auditioning Rising Stars worldwide, for new releases and Live Performances!

With grunge taking over in the 90's, and the current emo movement of the 2000's I wonder where all the rememorable bands have gone. There are some good tunes on the radio, that i know, but I couldnt tell you who plays them.
When Led Zep comes on, there's no mistaken them, or ac/dc and such.
I just wonder if rock is a dying art, where all the bands now sound the same, or if maybe I am just out of touch with this new generation of rockers.

Views: 287

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hope Not! In one of my most successful Live shows, Rock & Roll artist brought the house down! It was totally awesome. I have a strong love for Rock & Roll Artist, their talent, and passion for their genre of Music. It cannot die, Please invite all the dying breed to Moiko Records, where it will thrive. Throughout my Career in the Entertainment business, I find the Rock & Roll artist have been the Most loyal and the most supportive, and I am totally dedicated to Keeping this exciting, heart throbbing, music in the forefront. As in every venture I undertake, there is a Rock & Roll Artist standing by to make me smile. And the one Artist here is Ben Vandagriff. It seems to me, when no one gets it Rock and Roll Artist, get it.

So, keep the faith. Every thing needs to be refreshed, even a house needs a new paint job to keep it looking good. So, do the same, bring it into the now and Keep on Rocking!
I remember ten years ago they were asking is shred dead? I think not.
Its not Dead~! No way.

Jay Roc
Rock'n'Roll will never die! Every now and then it just gets lost in the shuffle of what the radio staions "think" we want to listen to. So many kids out there want their own identity and their own genre of music, whether it's pop, blues, grunge, country, rap, or all the different names they have for metal these days. But Rock'n'Roll always comes back, and you can always hear it in the other genres. Rock'n'Roll will always live, there's nothing like a good, solid, kick-ass Rock band!!!!
NO
Rock and Roll will never die, but yes, it is beginning to smell bad. With so many sound-alike bands like Nickleback making mediocre meaningless uncreative radio dribble being shoved in our ears and faces, it appears it may be time to pull the plug on the industry..... of course this is not for lack of good rock art, only for lack of support by big money.....
.... but(all of this my opinion only), the Beatles got even better when they started expanding the music beyond Rock & Roll....
P.S. sorry if someone is a Nickleback fan, i don't mean to offend, only making a point with my opinion. Music/religion/politics discussions usually stir up many personal emotional reactions
Rock Out! ---B
Boy, have we got the solution for you! We feel the exact same way and that's why we started our band! We are out to make sure that rock doesn't die off and that there's someone out there making new, fresh rock tunes for real rock fans. We totally agree that rock isn't nearly as much of a force in the music scene as it once was! We hate Emo and that wh*** lousy movement. If you want to hear some good, old fashioned ROCK, please check out our page and tunes and tell us what you think! Thanks a ton, let's keep the rock alive!

D.U.I.
I remember that too,Dennis! Our local music scene here in St. Louis Michigan is Classic Rock with a mix of newer Rock. Most of the customers coming into my music store are Rock oriented. Rock is not dead or dying,I think it hibernates for a season now and then.
Rock N Roll ain't dead its just in a reccession there's still good bands like velvet revolver and audioslave but I think like 7 or 10 years from now rock will be back to kick ass with bands like crooked X
Rock is surely not a dying art :) From what I've witnessed, it's heavily coming back in all its shades - from melodic over classic right to glam and sleaze rock, not to forget the symphonic rock and metal bands. It was kind of "out" in the 90s, and I remember how the kids considered me uncool in school when I was the only one digging the old Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi, WASP, KISS, Iron Maiden etc etc :D

WoW Nov 2008, seems forums not big ticket idem here so I quess its safe to say thanks to Crooked X rock did stay alive and it took 16yr olds to do it...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Moiko Records Artists

Femi Jubal

PEKKANINI

B.L.I.S.S.

DAVID "PIANO WIZARD" KELLY - Composer, Producer, Recording Artist + Executive Music Director

_________________________ PHIL POLING

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Events

© 2017   Created by Moiko Records.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service