MOIKO RECORDS

Now auditioning Rising Stars worldwide, for new releases and Live Performances!

My thinkin' is by supporting more Blues in Our Schools (The Monterey Bay Blues Festival). Which happens to be the New Charity for the Blues Compilation CD. We are supporting the future of the genre and giving our children an education to one of the best styles of music and culture anywhere. I was raised in N.Y.C. and had some of the greatist Artist of our time come share there knowledge and talents with us and that is why we as Artist should give back to our younger brothers and sisters who are learning about the Blues and Life in general. Thanks for your support. Please share your thoughts on the subject-Peace-Bish

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

I look forward to the day when all people are just called PEOPLE. . .not black or white or whatever. We are all colors, we're all "colored" so be colorful. . . we're Artists!
Just keep playing it. Keep writing and expanding and stretching. We all ride on the shoulders of giants in the blues world and they would want us to keep it going and I believe one way to do that is to change with the times without loosing the original integrity.

Louie Blue
I think it's the younger generations fault that the blues has fallen so far behind. We're so caught up in our technilogically "difficult" lives that we don't stop to see the bigger picture, or understand what bleeding life into music means. We pour so much emphasis on getting laid and getting loaded when there's so much more we're forgetting. I think if my generation (I'm 20) was given the opportunity to sit down and ACTUALLY listen to the blues, then more of us would want to play it. The problem with that is that my generation spends to much time relying on technology to think for us, and it's taking away from our ability to think and understand the meaning of ANYTHING.

I don't have much on here musically, and I hope to change that soon, but it's difficult to find people my age that play the blues. In fact, I haven't found one person around here (Batesville, Arkansas) around my age that plays or even listens to the blues. It's almost pathetic, but it's really opened MY eyes to how much the blues has taken a backseat. I think that if you want to keep the blues alive, you're going to have to find a way to get my generation involved, and the way music is steadily declining in quality, it's gonna be pretty hard.

Maybe the Monterey Bay Blues Festival can set aside a time slot specifically for people my age to come and get involved in the blues, that might be the spark that lights the fire. Who knows?...
Hi brother Jonathan.....
I'm very impressed with the way you have expressed yourself on this issue. I too see that the youth of today is more invovled with Technology than with Real Life. And Real Life is what the Blues is all about. you've got your High's and Low's and you're just expressing yourself about those feelings in your life. The Monterey Bay Blues Festival's-"Blues In The School's" is one of the only Foundation's that I know of that is addressing that with the Students on the Penisulsla, (Monterey Ca.) If I were you and you'd like to know more about the Blues, I'd see if there are any Blues clubs or Old School Blues Musicians in your area you can hook up with. (I do realize you're only 20) But most of them would be happy to share with you and/or Jam with you. Let me know how it's going for you? When there's no Blues, That's the Blues!!!-Peace-Bish
That seems to be my..."problem." I grew up around old country and blues music and have learned quite a bit from old school musicians. The real problem I have is finding people my age that enjoy playing the blues. I love jamming with the older generation because everything they play seems to be straight from the heart and just bleeds feeling.

I know that B.B. King has a his club down in Memphis, but that's a little over 2 hours away, but I might check that out in the near future. Anyways, thanks for the reply and I'll give you an update once I find something around

Rock on, Love Always.

RSS

Moiko Records Artists

Femi Jubal

PEKKANINI

B.L.I.S.S.

DAVID "PIANO WIZARD" KELLY - Composer, Producer, Recording Artist + Executive Music Director

_________________________ PHIL POLING

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Events

© 2017   Created by Moiko Records.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service